Monday, May 3, 2010

a newbie to blogging



Our Happily Ever After



well, kind of on a whim, i decided to start a blog. i have a very good friend, jenn, who just moved to florida recently and started hers and that mixed with my late night thoughts keeping me awake, led me to this decision. i must say, deciding on a title for my blog posed to be challenging. i googled suggestions and facebooked people for their input but ultimately, i chose this one because my husband, adam, said it sounded the best. i am a cosmetologist and work at a salon in a little city called shepherdsville- "the boondocks", "hickville", "where rednecks are born". all of my friends who come to see me always complain about the drive (well those who are from louisville) but they'll keep coming to see me so i'm not worried =) i also have a deep, deep love for pickles, so with the two combined, my blog title was born!
here's a little about myself to kick off this blog- my name is felicia and i have been married to my high school sweetheart for a year, 1 month, and 12 days. we had a beautiful wedding and i am just now enjoying our wedding pictures, since it took almost 10 months for us to get our album or any prints. needless to say, wedding pics are one of the main decor in our home right now (i included a few to show off). we have been together for 8 years and just bought our first home this past january. we are still furnishing our house but it's been really fun to decorate and make everything ours. we have a 2 1/2 year old chihuahua, stanley, and a long haired dachshund, baxter, who adam refers to as "my dog", especially when he poops and pees in the house. he's learning though, but at 8 months old, he's still just a pup. we are pretty involved at our church and love helping out with the high school group. i love our little life that we've started and am looking forward to sharing little pieces of it with those who care to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment